Just £395, click here to order
This report presents the authoritative independent commentary on the independent education market, both charitable and for-profit. It includes statistics, trends, forecasts and scenarios, providing a valuable information source for decision makers or those wishing to enter the sector.
The report is essential reading for Heads, Chief Executives, Bursars and Governors who need an objective review of the sector to inform their strategy and for the increasing number of individuals and organisations who are seeking to enter the market or build on their existing portfolio.
The report is based on qualitative and quantitative surveys and opinion from our panels of experts. It forecasts the prospects for the sector to 2020 and presents some visionary scenarios to 2030.
Areas covered include:
Sector overview – pupil trends, income and expenditure, structural trends, impact of Government legislation, analysis by segment. Trends in demand for the next ten years – analysis of who buys by family type and income, demand by age, and identification of the services that are subject to most significant change.
Forecasts of future demand – including the impact of recession, government policy, public sector unrest, falling affordability, impact of free schools, demography & social trends. Forecasts to 2020 and scenarios to 2030. Updates on chains, and their impact on the sector, and school groups to watch.
What’s in the report?
Examples of tables and illustrations include:
- Number independent school pupils in GB
- Independent schools’ share of all pupils
- Buyers of independent education by household type
- Number of births to social class 1 and 2 in England and Wales
- Independent school rolls as a proportion of social class 1 and 2 children in England & Wales
- Why non buyers don’t use independent schools
- Annual growth in fees and earnings
- Independent schools are expected to become more affordable over the next 20 years
- Forecast impact of the recession
- Independent schools are expected to be educating a larger proportion of children in 10 years time
- Gross income of independent schools in the UK
- Average fees per independent school pupil in the UK
- Proportion of schools expected to be subject to different fee constraints next 20 years
- Daughter schools abroad
- Rising operating expenditure in schools
- Breakdown of operating expenditure in schools
- Rising operating expenditure in independent schools
- Number of Independent school teachers England and Wales
- Number of pupils per teacher in England
- Proportion of schools expecting to cut teaching costs next 20 years
- Proportion of schools expected to pool non-teaching resources over next 20 years
- Rising capital expenditure in schools
- Proportion of schools likely to cut capital spending over the next 20 years
- Number of independent schools in GB
- Number of pupils per independent school
- Operating costs by size of school, 2006
- Growth of independent school chains
- Commercial chains of independent schools
- Major federations of independent schools
- Number of independent school pupils aged 0-4 in the UK
- Forecast growth of nursery departments
- Number of independent school pupils 5-10 in the UK
- Forecast growth of pre-prep schools/departments
- Forecast growth of prep/junior schools
- Number of independent school pupils 11-15 in the UK
- Forecast growth of senior schools
- Number of independent school pupils 16+ in the UK
- Forecast growth of girls’ schools
- Forecast growth of boys’ schools
- Forecast growth of co-ed schools
- Number of independent school boarders in GB
- Number of boarders in GB by source
- Source of non-British boarding pupils whose parents live overseas
- Forecast growth of boarding schools with a large proportion of overseas pupils
- Forecast growth of boarding schools
- Expected impact of different governments on independent schools over the next 20 years
- The Conservatives are not expected to increase regulation
- Independent schools are expected to lose pupils to more good state schools over the next 20 years
- Forecasts to 2020
- Forecast impacts on the number of independent school pupils in the UK 2010-2020
- Forecast annual growth of independent rolls in the UK
- Forecast number of independent school pupils in the UK
- Number of independent schools pupils in GB
The mtmconsulting Independent Education Sector Report is available from mtmconsulting at £395 including VAT.
Terms and Conditions
Report purchases are non-refundable. We recommend you read the content pages or index first where available.
All fees are fully inclusive of postage costs where applicable. Hard copies of reports are dispatched by Royal Mail first class post within one week of receiving payment.
Copying, forwarding or promotional use of licensed work is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action.